Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It´s already June!

Dear Family,
Thank you for the email, letters, packages, and prayers. This week we worked extremely hard. It is really amazing to see the Spirit of the Lord working in the lives of the people here. Recently I have been thinking more and more about how the Lord prepares his elects for us. And I wanted to share this scripture from Jacob 5.

71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, andalabor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is theblast time that I shall cnourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.
72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.
This scripture really hit me hard when I read it. I can´t tell you how many times we have gone to work and found someone extremely prepared to hear our message. We are not in this work alone! The Lord of the Vineyard goes before us and prepares the way for us. The Lord of the Vineyard prepares the hearts of his elects, so that when we come along we just have to do the easy part. We never know who the Lord of the Vineyard has prepared so we always have to be looking for them. As missionaries and as members too. Sometimes we don´t share the gospel with someone because we don´t think they will accept it. But who knows maybe the Lord is doing a work in this person´s life that we can´t see! And maye the Lord is trusting us (his servants) to come behind him and finish up the work. I know that the Savior Jesus Christ works in the lives of his people, and we walk past these people every day without realizing it. If we pray for inspiration to know who these people are that the Lord has prepared, he will lead them to us in one way or another.
The work here in Vila Industrial is moving forward slowly but surely! Elder Bracken is doing great, he is learning quickly!
Hope you are all well, that´s all I´ve got for this week!
Hope you are all well!
Love,
Elder Caleb Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment