Monday, August 19, 2013

Good Week

Dear Family,

Thank you for the emails and letters.  This week was a pretty good week.  I am getting used to my new responsibilities as District Leader.  It basically just includes calling up the other missionaries in my zone 3 times a day to see how they´re doing, reporting the numbers to the zone leaders, doing baptismal interviews for the areas in my district, and preparing trainings to give during the district meetings.  So far I have been really humbled to work with such great missionaries.  My district has some of the best missionaries in the mission.  This week every area in my district baptized!!  It was awesome.  In my area we were able to baptize a kid named Gabriel.  He is the brother of Elida, the girl who was baptized last week.  It will be really good to have them strengthening each other and helping each other stay active.  Also on Saturday I did my second ever baptismal interview.  It went well but it was a little bit strange because the man didn´t speak portuguese or english!!  So we had to have a translater in the room, I spoke portuguese to the translater and then the translater spoke french with the man being interviewed haha.  The guy was really awesome, he came all the way here from Haiti to get to know the church.  He couldn´t go to our church in Haiti because he dad is a pastor of another church and wouldn´t let him.  It was really awesome to be able to meet him.  The sacrifices that some people here make to be members of the church are inspiring.  
 
That´s all I´ve got for this week! Love you all!

-Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment