Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Brazil!

Dear Family,

This week was pretty good.  Everyone here was really excited because for the last couple of weeks the Brazil national team has been playing in a tournament called the Confederation Cup.  It is an eight team tournament and last night Brazil won in the championship against Spain.  Everyone was pretty excited.  We were blessed this week with some great people to teach.  I think the highlight right now is a family that we are teaching of 4 people.  The mom´s name is Andrea, the dad´s is Reginaldo and the boy´s names are Natã (10) and Kauan (4).  They are a really awesome family that we are helping to prepare for baptism.  The mom and the two boy´s went to church yesterday and really liked it.  The mom has a lot of close family that is catholic which might be tough.  Sometimes the biggest obsticals for investigators come from within their own families.  We are seeing this a lot right now.  People who have real testimonies of the church but are held back by their families.  A scripture that Elder Bracken showed me this morning I think explains it really well.  This is from Matthew 10.

34 Think not that I am come to send apeace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
 36 And a man’s afoes shall be they of his own bhousehold.
 37 He that aloveth father or mother bmore than me is not worthy of me: and he that cloveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
 38 And he that taketh not his across, and followeth after me, is notbworthy of me.
 39 aHe that findeth his life shall blose it: and he that closeth hisdlife for my sake shall find it. 
The work is moving forward here in Vila Industrial.  It seems like Elder Bracken is doing a little better this week.  We were blessed with some good people to teach.   We hope and have the faith that soon we will get some more baptisms.  
Hope you are all well!  
Love,
Elder Caleb Anderson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment