Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week of Hard Work

Dear Family,

This week was full of hard work as we were trying to prepare our investigators for baptism. We worked really hard this week unfortunately our numbers this week didn´t really reflect the effort we put in. However this coming week looks promising. I am learning more and more about how to work effectively and am improving my portuguese, teaching skills, and finding techniques. I am enjoying being companions with Elder Heiner. The guy is awesome and I am learning a lot from him. After being in this ward for about 5 months it is starting to feel like home. I feel like I know pretty much everyone in the ward.  However on Sunday I did see a couple things that were new to me. I saw a baby blessing given to a kid that was about 5 or 6 years old. Also the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting was given by a girl that who is about 4 years old. At first it struck me as a little bit strange but after I thought about it a while I started to think it was actually a pretty cool. I am still getting Portuguese lessons from Marcelo every week. Except now we are focusing less on Portuguese and more on teaching skills. My studies for the next few weeks will be centered around improving my teaching. I am going to continue studying portuguese but now I feel like I have a pretty good grip on the language and can spend my time planning lessons for my investigators.

Have you received any instructions concerning Carnival? No President Ferrin has not said anything about Carnival to us. I believe it starts this week but I am not sure which day. I have heard that Carnival is not as big here in São Paulo as it is in some other parts of Brazil like the Northeast or Rio de Janeiro. Up there I wouldn´t be surprised if the missionaries were shut in the apartments during Carnival. But here I think work will continue on just like normal. A lot of people will go on vacations. In Brazil the ´´youth conference´´ is always on the week of Carnival and all the youth leave the city and go camping for the week. I think here in Guarulhos there probably won´t be any huge parades but I´m not sure. I think in the center of São Paulo you would probably find a little more of that.

That´s all for this week! Thank you all for your support through your emails and letters!
 
-Elder Caleb Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment