Monday, April 22, 2013

Second Week in Vila Industrial

 
Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the emails and prayers.  This week was really a great week.  Elder Ciriaco and I are working hard and the Lord is blessing us with some elect investigators.  This week we found a really elect man named Junior.  He is extremely intelligent and has definitely been prepared to receive the gospel.  He has known about the gospel for a long time and from the knowledge he has about the church, you would think he has been a member for 20 years.  A while ago he went online to the church website and requested missionaries.  We had been trying to contact him for two weeks but couldn´t catch him at home.  Finally we caught him at home a talked to him for a little bit.  During the conversation he was citing conference talks that he had watched online!!  He is a big fan of Elder Holland haha.  At the end of the conversation I asked him if I could leave him a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read.  He said yes so on a peace of paper I wrote down 3 Nephi 11.  He looked at the paper and said, ´´yeah this is a great chapter, it´s about when Christ comes to the Americas right?´´.   I was shocked.  I then took the paper back and said ´´well since you´ve already read that one I´ll leave you with 2 Nephi 2´´, the exact same thing happened!  Finally I decided to give him Ether 12 but he already knew that one too!!!  After three strikes Elder Ciriaco said well then just read Ether 12 again hahaha. It was awesome to find a man who is so prepared.  Also a member of the ward brought a family of 4 to church!  It seemed like the Dad was really enjoying church too.  It seems like this area/ward is a really great ward and I am really excited to be working here.


Does living near the office have any benifits?  Not a whole lot of benifits.  I think probably the biggest benifit is that I can get mail every week when I go to the office instead of waiting every 6 weeks for transfers.  Other than that I don´t think there are a whole lot of benifits to living close to the office.  Also I have heard rumors that the general authorities are considering puting my stake right now into the São Paulo South mission whenever they draw the new mission boundaries.  I think São Paulo South is loosing a lot of area to São Paulo Santos so they might throw this stake (Ipiranga) into São Paulo South.  However right now it is just rumors so we´ll see what happens in the future.  

That´s all I´ve got for this week.  Love you all!  

-Elder Caleb Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment